Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This is why I can't have nice things...

As we all know, I've been complaining on a regular basis about how hard my expanders are and how strange they feel.  Well, now they have become squishy and I don't like that either!  What is a girl who had a double mastectomy to do?!

I have noticed in the last few days that my skin / expanders have been a bit squishy to the touch.  At first I was alarmed because I know the expanders can deflate and god knows I do NOT want a deflated boob!  I called up Dr. Spiro's office and told the nurse Mary Beth what I felt and what was going on.  I told her the expanders do not feel super hard any more and feel more like a barely deflated kickball that needs a lil extra air.

She asked me if I have lost any volume and I haven't.  She asked if I saw any rippling in my skin and I do not.  She reassured me that all of my "symptoms" are normal.  My skin / muscle / soft tissue are becoming more resilient and that is why they are a little squishier to the touch.  She said if I see any rippling to give her a heads up, and to call her if I have any more questions.

I swear I hated the hardness of the expanders, but I was getting used to it!  Now I have to get used to this squishiness?!  MY LIFE!!  DRAMA!!  I haven't had a fill since 2/27/12 so that makes sense too.  I guess when I see Dr. Spiro again next Friday he'll either fill them up and they'll be hard again, or he'll just leave them be.  This feeling is probably what Dr. Spiro wanted when he wanted to fill me up last Tuesday.  I don't know.  I may be making things up now.  Soon I will be a plastic surgeon!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment