Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fill 'em Up!

Yesterday I had a super early appointment with Dr. Spiro.  8 am.  Rise and shine for the plastic surgeon's office!  I knew I'd either get my last expansion or he would tell me that I was all done.  Well, I received my last expansion.  I was filled up with 50 more cc's for a final total of 390cc's.  Not bad, not bad at all.  I wasn't really in the mood for an expansion, but I guess I really didn't have a choice.

The expansion didn't hurt at all.  I could feel my chest expanding a bit, but nothing too crazy.  It feels like I am wearing a super tight sports bra again.  They didn't get super hard, they are still as squishy as before, just a bit bigger.  I popped some Advil throughout the day yesterday, and some today too.  I am feeling a little uncomfortable and sore, but it's not too bad.  I am feeling a bit cranky from the expansion but that'll go away (I hope for everyone's sake!).

Dr. Spiro is no longer happy with my bra choice so I went out today to find new ones.  The little red bump on my left breast is from my bra and it's irritating my skin.  He said I need to be very careful because he doesn't want it to become an ulceration.  I can't feel it since I am numb so he wants me to find a different bra, one with no seams to be exact.  Right now I have surgical padding in my bra as a barrier and I think it's working.  My sports bra made some pretty horrible indentations last night when I was sleeping so I am hoping that these new bras will be better.

I was also told that once the redness heals on my left breast I'll be able to run and lift again!  YAY!  I am super excited for that.  I went out for a "brisk" walk today since it is so beautiful out.  It felt good to be outside and on the move.

I really hope these new bras that I bought today work.  I'm tired of buying bras!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment