Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Kingdom for a Bra!

I really didn't think it would be this difficult to find a bra that could contain my expanders!  Well, to be honest, it's not the expanders that need containing, it's my poor skin that is having the problem.  My left breast (which had the cancer in it!  Why so difficult leftie?!) still has a bit of red irritation in the middle of it and on the scar.  The skin is chafing and it's not a pretty sight.  The irritation is also warm to the touch so that's not fun... I am HOPING that it's not an infection.  I've been so careful!

I've found two bras that seem like hopeful contenders and I'd like to share them in case other women are having trouble finding a good bra.  As of right now they are both very comfortable, but I will give a better review to them if my redness and chafing goes away.


This is the Bali Wirefree Bra, Comfort Revolution Sure Fit bra.  I like this bra because it clasps in the back, the straps are away from my neck, and the material just pulls up and molds over my chest perfectly.  The clasp in the back is a little scratchy, but nothing I can't handle.  There are no seams so no indents!


This is the Underscore Cotton Bra, Front Zip Cotton Sports bra.  I like this bra because it is mainly cotton which is hopefully allowing my skin to breathe a bit.  This bra does not feel as tight as my other zip up bras and it doesn't leave any indentations.




So I finally found seamless bras!  Are you happy Dr. Spiro?!  But now I am pretty sure the redness is an infection.  Since writing this post, I've been told that it could possibly be cellulitis...  Oofta.  I don't understand why this has shown up about a month and a half after my surgery.  I thought I was in the clear for any sort of infections!  I've been doing so well!  I don't want a set back.

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment