Sunday, April 29, 2012

Have I mentioned yet...

...that I have a date for my implants?  I can't remember.  I mean, I guess I could check back through my last couple of posts, but that'd be too easy and make too much sense.

The date for my second surgery is Thursday, June 7th.  That's when these awful tissue expanders will come out and be replaced with Mentor MemoryGel Silicone implants.  I received a little booklet in the mail yesterday that told me all about the implants.  I also did a little research on what other people have said about Mentor MemoryGel and it seems like so many women are pleased with the outcome.  A lot of reviews are by women who had Saline implants and switched over to the Silicone Gel implants.  Many of the comments are about how natural and real they feel.

I am so excited for the implants.  Yes I've gotten used to the expanders, but they are still very uncomfortable and wake me up in the night.  It's not that big of a deal, but it will be nice to have "normal" breasts again.

In regards to my little red mark that I told you all about before, it's still there.  I think it may be getting better; it's just hard to tell.  My skin has always been very, very sensitive and it gets red a lot, so it may just be my skin and nothing I can do about it.  I found new little bralets and I am wearing one for the first time today.  I don't know if it will help, but I am trying everything and anything to get the mark to heal.  I am slightly worried about what Dr. Spiro may say on Friday when I go back to his office to get re-filled.

I still have those feelings of frustration because I feel as if everything looked better right when I got out of surgery.  My skin didn't look that bad and I did not have much bruising.  Now I have this red mark, and a couple of other marks on my right breast.  I just don't know how to keep them safe until the implant surgery!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment