Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Comedy for Breast Cancer!

I have always wanted to volunteer for the breast cancer cause.  As we all know, this disease has always been part of my life and I've always felt like I should help out in some way.  So I FINALLY reached out to the Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline and Support Group.  I wanted to do this before my diagnosis, but never did, so I finally got the push I needed.

I met with a really nice woman named Caroline.  We talked a bit about what I've been through, and then we talked about how I want to help.  I told her the hotline is probably not the right thing for me to be doing at this moment since I am going through my own issues, but I'd like to help out in any other way possible.

She told me they have a fundraiser coming up where all proceeds go to the Adelphi Breast Cancer support program.  I told her I'd love to get the word out, and so I shall!  The fundraiser just so happens to fall on my birthday so that will be fun for me.  I'll be laughing and having a good time, all to support the Adelphi breast cancer program.  That sounds like a good birthday to me!
Tell 'em Jessi sent ya!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment