Sunday, April 22, 2012

Deflated but not Defeated!

Kevin may disagree on the defeated part since I was all mopey on Friday when Dr. Spiro decided that he needed to deflate my left breast a bit.  (How STRANGE does that sentence sound?  I mean, really).  I was getting upset about the whole thing after leaving the doctor's office, but I think I am over that emotional outburst.  I have now come to accept my partially deflated boob.

I made an appointment on Friday to see Dr. Spiro about the red spot on my left breast since it wasn't getting any better and I was really concerned it was an infection.  I started an antibiotic on Thursday just to be on the safe side.  It can't hurt to cover all my corners right?

When Dr. Spiro came in to my room he checked out my red mark by pressing on it (hard, though I didn't feel a thing) and moving it around.  He said it wasn't an infection and he still believes it to be irritation from rubbing on my clothes and from my skin being stretched too tight.  He said he had to deflate the expander a bit to allow my skin to breathe which will help the redness go away.

I was very bummed to hear that he was going to deflate me a bit.  I was concerned about my progress and how my breasts would look being noticeably different sizes and all.  It's not that bad, especially in clothes.  In the shower the left breast is considerably smaller, but still there.  I can also tell it's deflated a bit because it bends and moves a lot easier.  If I am washing up and flex my muscles the skin kind of bends and folds.  It's a bit creepy, but I just try not to look at it.

Dr. Spiro told me to finish up my antibiotics and then come back to him in 10 - 14 days for him to fill me back up.  I just took a peek at the red mark and it does seem to be getting better so everything is working as it should.  Hopefully when my left breast is expanded back to where it was, the skin will be all healed and ready to accept the stretching.  I think it will be ready... like I said before, leftie has been through a lot, you can't expect her to do everything perfectly!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment