Thursday, March 15, 2012

Art Imitating Life

Ever since Dr. Spiro gave me the OK to shower with no restrictions, life has been good.  It feels so good to be able to shower again!  I am still very very slow when it comes to getting ready... I think my fastest time has been an hour and a half from undressing to dressing again... but it's not like I need to rush anywhere just yet.

I find it a little difficult to adjust to these weird new expanders in my chest.  They are rock solid and kinda creep me out hardXcore.  Dr. Spiro placed two small circular bandages (that I've decided could one day actually stand in for fake nipples if I wanted to take a test drive with nips) on the little puncture wounds where the needle went in to expand me.  I had such trouble getting them off the next day because they were stuck on pretty well to my skin and I kept freaking myself out when I could see myself touching my skin, couldn't feel anything, and my skin was rock solid.  It's just strange!  Thank God the expanders won't be in forever, they can be kinda creeptastic.

Also, when not confined in my medical sports bra they feel weird!  They kinda feel like they are moving around all over the place.  I know they aren't, but it certainly feels that way.  The incisions aren't that bad. They look just how I thought they would.  The left breast looks a little lumpy from the expander, and in my opinion the right one looks a tad bit bigger.  But my right breast was always bigger than my left so that's just art imitating life I say.  They do look perfectly normal in clothes though, so that's really all that matters for now.

Tomorrow I have my second physical therapy appointment.  I've been doing all my exercises and feeling much better.  It feels good to be able to wash my own hair again!

- J.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work! Good luck at PT tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete