Friday, March 16, 2012

Early Morning PT

Oofta.  Waking up at 6:30am for a physical therapy appointment is NO way to start off a morning.  I woke up feeling pretty sore.  My shoulder blades and armpits were killing me when I got to physical therapy.

I asked my physical therapist if she knew the secret to sleeping.  Apparently I am sitting up way too much.  I need to get less pillows under me and hopefully in time I will be back to sleeping like a normal person.  I really want this so I'll do anything to achieve that goal!

When I think of physical therapy, I think of exercises.  Well, today's appointment consisted of a chest massage.  Now, if you don't know me, there is something you should be aware of - I HATE MASSAGES!  Hate, hate, hate!  So here I am lying down as Rita is massaging my poor pectoral muscle that has been through way too much.  And of course it's tight as all hell.  I am not amused.  And she is not amused either.  My muscles are way too tight and I need to be stretching them constantly.  That's fine, just please stop digging your thumbs in to all my pressure points please!

She is slightly baffled as to why my right side hurts so much more than my left.  I had my lymph node taken from the left side, and my right side is my dominant side so it should be reversed.  But I always have to be difficult so that is why I am sure.  She is pleased that all my joints are working just fine.  It's just my poor muscles and soft tissue that are having a tough time adjusting.  I am suppose to give myself massages as much as I can.  She even wants me massaging my boobs!  She told me to move them all around and everything.  Maybe I should do the exercises in the middle of a Barnes & Noble.  "Oh hi!  No, don't mind me, just doing my PT exercises over here."

I just need to loosen up.  That's all.  She highly recommends the yoga pose called, "Child's Pose."  So, I guess I am doing yoga now... Lame.  I'm feeling a bit sore, but the good kind of sore.  My chest feels like it just went out for a run and it's hurting... but in a good way.

- J.

1 comment:

  1. yoga isn't lame! haha but i know what you mean...hang in there (sorry if that sounds generic), good choice on the mumford song...you always have the right attitude, lady! xo -McBbs

    ReplyDelete