Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Motion is Lotion!"

That is what Rita my physical therapist keeps telling me and I know it's true.  When I am moving around I definitely feel better.  I usually feel the worst in the morning when I wake up because I am all stiff from sleeping in the same position the entire evening.  Yesterday Kerrie and I went out to buy a body pillow since Dr. Spiro gave me the OK to sleep on my side.  I tried a little bit of side sleeping last night, but it didn't work out so well.  I just need to practice I guess.

Monday's physical therapy appointment went really well.  I felt good in the morning and felt good afterwards.  Rita gave me new exercises to do.  I just try to keep stretching when ever I can.  I must say, I did poo poo child's pose before, but I am loving it!  It's my favorite stretch.  My pain is the worst on my right side behind my armpit so that stretch feels great.

Physical therapy this morning was a little tougher.  I slept OK last night, but I woke up SO stiff with my right side hurting so bad.  It's a strange pain that I don't know how to describe, I just know that it hurts.  I tried to stretch it out in the morning (that usually works) but I couldn't get it to work out.  I told Rita and she went right to work on my sore right side.  She told me that the pain I am experiencing is in the area where the expander ends and like I've said before, my muscle is just not happy.  She gave it a good massage and it feels better now.  She also gave me another good stretch for my lower armpit area, but it hurts SO bad to do.  I know if I just keep working at it, it will get easier and soon I'll work out all the tightness and pain.

I have another PT appointment on Friday.  I look forward to them now because they make me feel so much better!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment