Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One Week

My surgery is in exactly one week!  I can't believe it.  I'm so scared and nervous but also ready for this all to be over with and done.  I think I am the most nervous about the surgery part of it.  And that part is going to be a breeze since I'll be sleeping through the whole thing!  I think it's just the idea of what will be happening during the surgery that is freaking me out the most.

In exactly one week, I will be in the hospital bed, all hopped up on pain meds, with my temporary expanders all in place.  I will hopefully have no more cancer inside me and be considered cancer free right off the bat.  Hopefully the cancer is contained, is indeed DCIS and the surgery is all I need.  Hopefully no radiation or chemo will be needed.  Even if it is needed, I'm ready for that too.  I'm ready for anything!  Bring it!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment