Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thanks in Advance

I just want to say thanks to everyone in advance.  I want to say this while I am not hopped up and all emotional on pain meds.  I want to thank everyone for their support during this little bump in the road for me.  Everyone has been so supportive and wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be surrounded by.  I have an amazing family, an amazing boyfriend, amazing friends, and amazing co-workers.  All of you have made this journey of mine that much easier and I can't thank you all enough for it.  I don't know how I would deal with this without the wonderful support system you all give to me.

After surgery I know I will be an emotional wreck.  That's what pain meds do to me.  I've received good advice from a lot of people and I want to write it down so when I am a cranky bitch I can read it :

  • The first couple days after surgery is NOT how I am going to be feeling for the rest of my life.  Those will be the worst days, but they will be over quickly.
  • Don't look at the surgery as it taking my breasts away from me.  Look at it as taking the cancer out of my body.  I will go to sleep and then wake up cancer free.
  • It's not like they are taking my breasts away anyway.  I will still have my skin, I'll still have breasts.  No one will know the difference.
  • I'm going to be fine, Mom wouldn't let anything happen to me.

Those are just a few of the many awesome sound bytes I have from people giving me good, good advice. I thank you all!

And I am sure I will entertain you all when I come out of surgery and tell you all about my magical anesthesia time travel journey.  My surgery is on leap day, so I plan to do a little bit of time traveling when I am under.  I remember the first time I had surgery I dreamt about unicorns.  That was pretty awesome.  I am hoping for some more unicorns... maybe add some kittens and rainbows to the mix and I'll be all set!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment