Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm Ready! I'm Ready! I'm Ready!

OK, take note everyone... how I am hanging out right now is how you will see me during my recovery period - Warm spiced chai in one hand, Cadbury Creme Egg in the other, and It's Always Sunny on television.  Just be warned.  I am not ashamed!  I caught a little cold over the weekend and I am trying to fight it off.  I knew I'd get sick right before surgery, but it's nothing bad.  Just a little sore throat and a stuffy / achey head.  No big deal.  Actually the sore throat is gone, and I am only just a little stuffy.  I fought off my cold like a champ, the same way I am going to bounce back from this whole surgery business.

I can't believe that by the end of this week I will be heading back to NJ to get ready for my surgery.  This Friday afternoon I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon.  We are going to go over all the pre op necessities.  Then on Monday I have to get my pre op blood work done and an EKG.  I've actually never had an EKG before so I am excited about that.  I bet my heart rate will be through the roof since I am so nervous!  I will try my best to just relax and hope that my heart rate is as normal as possible.

I feel as ready as I can be for surgery.  I've got a place to stay (my Sister's) with drinks and snacks.  I've got warm pajamas that open in the front, socks, slippers, a blanket, a robe, an extra large sweatshirt, cute new underwear, you name it, I got it (from my Aunt).  I've got my cheering section ready for when I am in surgery.  I've got visitors lined up ready to take care of my every sad little request after surgery.  I've got people praying for me.  I've got people cheering for me.  I've got it all!

If this has to happen, I'm ready for it.  I've got so many people on my side that I am not going in to any of this alone.  I am so, so ready for it.

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment