Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tempur-Pedic Boobs

Remember last post when I mentioned that I had a red bump on my left breast where a stitch was peeking out? Well, since that post the red bump became worse. It was actually a pretty nasty pimple that formed. If you have been unlucky enough to experience pimples it was that deep, underground pimple kind of hurt. I could tell. Luckily I couldn't feel it. I began to worry that it may get infected so I did a quick Google search to see what I could find out about it (because we all know Google is the new expert medical professional of our time). I came across a lot of breast augmentation forums where women were describing my exact problem - a stitch would be peeking out from the scar line, which would then cause a pimple to form. It seemed like it happened a lot so I was less worried.

I made an appointment to have the nurse at Dr Spiro's office take a look at it and to pull out the stitch. She explained to me that some people's bodies do not dissolve all of the stitches. If this happens, your body will push out the remaining stitches and it happens around this time. So perfect! This is normal! The nurse grabbed the tiny stitch with tweezers and pulled it out. The tiny stitch was actually 6 inches long!! It was comical to see what that little stitch produced! Now my left breast is stitch free. No irritations and no more pimples! Success!

You may be wondering, what does this post title have to do with any of this?! Well, I made a new discovery. My new boobs remind me of a Tempur-Pedic mattress. They conform to what ever bumps or wrinkles are in my bra. I wore a balconette bra the other day that doesn't get much use. I was doing laundry and needed something... Anyway, it's a strange bra, it has a lot of padding and underwire. It's comfortable enough but not my favorite. I wore it all day. At the end of the day when I removed my bra, my boobs were all lumpy and weird looking because of the way they were stuffed in to the bra. It was freaky!! Cartoonish even. I freaked out for a second but then I remembered that they will return to their original shape. They are my handy dandy Tempur-Pedic boobs after all!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment