Monday, October 1, 2012

Today is the day...

Not that I don't always blog with love... but this is with some capital letters here. Today, I Blog with Love to introduce all my readers to a very special online study. An online study with the intention to find the CAUSE of breast cancer.

A couple posts down I blogged about the Army of Women website (did any of you join?), which is a program of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation. Today, I am joined with many other bloggers as we all Blog with Love. As some of you may know, and some of you may not know, many breast cancer foundations use our donations for promotion and awareness campaigns. Seriously? How many more awareness campaigns do we really need? We get it. Breast cancer is here. No one is denying that fact.

Today is the day we need to take this awareness and turn it into action! Today The Health of Women Study has been launched. HOW to be short. This is an international online study for both women AND men, with or without breast cancer. This is a study that collects information about your health, your family history, your job, your diet, etc. Are you a fan of filling out questionnaires? I know I am! Periodically you will be sent questionnaires and by filling these out, it will hopefully lead researchers in the right direction to what causes breast cancer.

I feel very passionate about this organization and this cause. All of us can come together and find a cause together. THIS will lead us towards a cure, not promotion, not awareness campaigns. We have enough of that. We need this.

I am doing this for me. I am doing this for my mom. I am doing this for the women and men who die every day from breast cancer. I am doing this for the women and men who are diagnosed every day with breast cancer. The list goes on, and this is why I am participating. Why will you participate?

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment