Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Standing Strong Together

My blog has been a little quiet because all has been quiet on the eastern front. Even though a new red spot has formed along the scar line on my left breast, I am not too worried. A lonely, clear stitch has been left behind and I think it may have caused said bump. OR, I am fighting off a cold (or allergies, not sure which) so it may be just my immune system fighting everything and anything it can find. Other than that I think my scars are healing nicely. I am still a bit sore, but I know that will last for quite some time.

I am going to use this blog post as an opportunity to make you all aware of some new things that I've come across recently.

  • Remember that bra store I was RAVING about a couple posts back? Well, they are doing something kinda awesome. Intimacy is running "Bras for a Cause." Every Intimacy store is accepting gently used bras for donation. They then pass on the bras to women all over the world who desperately need them. I think this is a great idea, especially for me since I have a couple of newer bras that I no longer fit in to since my surgery. It's great that I can donate them to women in need and not have to throw them away. And as a special bonus, Intimacy gives you $10 off each new bra you buy for every bra you donate (up to 3 bras).
  • An amazing young breast cancer blogger, Ashley Blair Doyle, posted information about the website, Army of Women. This website offers breast cancer patients and survivors the opportunity to partner with research scientists to move breast cancer beyond a cure. They are looking for volunteers with or without breast cancer to help out. Peruse the site and see what you think. Volunteer if you like. I know I already signed up!
So that is the end of my advertisements and shout outs. I feel strongly about certain organizations and causes so if any of these opportunities tickle your fancy, please don't hesitate to help out.  No act of kindness is too small because it could mean the world to someone else.

- J.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning the AOW initiative here! And the nice shout out as well.

    I am not on Facebook but if you check out AOWs facebook page or follow them on Twitter they are also doing a thing called Blog for your Breasts on October 1. You should totally look into it.

    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete