Thursday, June 7, 2012

Phase 2 Complete!

So I am feeling well enough to update my blog and I can't believe it.  I am starting to feel pretty sore though.  I took a Valium this afternoon and I plan to take another one + Perc tonight to help me sleep.  It's all back sleeping again until I hear otherwise from Dr. Spiro.

The surgery went very well.  At the moment I am being held together by an ace bandage thingy so it is pretty uncomfortable and tight.  Tomorrow I will see Dr. Spiro and he will take of the ace bandage and put on one of those itchy annoying surgical bras.  I am so interested to see what they look like now that the hard expanders are out.

I saw Dr. Spiro before surgery and he drew some more on my skin.  He showed me the markings and his plans for when he is in surgery.  The hollowness in my skin should no longer be there and the valve will be gone too (of course).  He was very comforting and reassuring.  He told me that this surgery will be about an hour and a half.  A piece of cake to what I previously went through.

NOW, here comes the kicker.  I then meet with the Anesthesiologist.  She says hi and asks a couple of questions.  She seems nice enough.  Then she asks how I did coming out of anesthesia at my last surgery. I mentioned that I had a high heart rate and fever when I came out.  She got real nervous when I said that. She asked how I was treated and I told her they just kept an eye on me.  She said that that usually happens when someone has a condition and that I could die from it!  OH!  Thank you.  I can die from it?  Now if I wasn't scared of the anesthesia, I sure am now!  I started to get upset, I may have cried a bit, and I may have had a tiny panic attack after she left to try to find my charts.  I feel like that is something you should probably not tell a patient before she is 5 minutes away from surgery time.

She comes back and tells me that she has changed her anesthesia concoction.  I said fine, whatever, let's just get this show on the road.  I walk to the operating room, climb on the table (which has warming bedding on it.  Love!).  The Anesthesiologist then tries to get a vein for IV and that was a hot mess in and of itself too.  My confidence in her is now at an all time low.  But I went under, and I came out of it perfectly!  I actually felt great!  I ate a bunch of ice chips.  I had to pee like crazy.  I ate food.  I drank some more.  And then I was discharged home.

Now I am at Kevin's relaxing.  Tomorrow is my appointment with Dr. Spiro I will update you all and let you know how lovely my new boobies are!

- J.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Jay,
    Mt name is Andres Riobueno and I work for The Mesothelioma Center. I am really interested in your blog and would love to write a guest blog for you. Please let me know if you are interested in the idea.

    Regards,
    Andres Riobueno
    www.asbestos.com

    ReplyDelete