Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Am I on the Breakfast Menu?

That will be my first question when I come out of anesthesia.  As Kevin pointed out the other day, when I wake up after surgery it will still be super early in the morning.  I'll still be able to order an egg mcmuffin from McDonalds (if that was something I actually wanted, which I probably do not after being in a deep anesthesia sleep).

A nurse from the hospital called to check in on me this morning and ask me some pre-surgical questions.  She was very nice and told me that Dr. Spiro has me blocked off for a 2 hour surgery.  I should be done by 9:30am.  I then spend a couple of hours in the recovery area.  She said I will wake up in a bed and then I will move to a chair.  Once in the chair they will give me something to eat and drink.  If I am able to keep everything down and go the bathroom then I will be sent home.

Seems easy enough!  I'll see you all soon!  Phase 2 activate!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment