Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Boobs!

I think I was on some crazy after surgery high because I felt like I could do and conquer anything.  I felt great considering I went under anesthesia, had my expanders removed, and my new implants placed in.  I think it's all catching up to me now because I have been feeling pretty tired all day long.  It also may be this nasty hot weather, I've never been a fan of that either.

My Dr. Spiro appointment on Friday went well.  He had to unwrap me from two layers of ace bandages.  I then had gauze packed tightly around my chest that he had to cut off.  Once I was free he had me stand in front of a mirror so I could look at everything.  From what I could tell the implants looked great!  They were round and full now.  Not deflated and lumpy.  My skin had a lot of indentations on it because of the gauze so it was hard to fully take in how everything actually looks.

Even with the new surgical bra and the gauze between my bra and the bandages on my skin it all still creates indentations.  But they DO feel much better.  When I touch them they feel better.  They still feel a bit hard, but Dr. Spiro said that over the next couple of weeks the implants will soften.  If I shower I have to wrap myself in saran wrap again to make sure the bandages over my stitches don't get wet.  It's not the easiest of things to do, but it works.  I'll probably take a bath tomorrow cause it's a bit easier that way.

I've been off of Valium and Perc for the day and I am just on Advil.  I feel the soreness in my armpits again a bit and around the outer part of my breast area, but nothing like last time.  I can totally handle this pain.  It's nothing!  I see Dr. Spiro in two weeks and I am sure he will have all new information for me.  But for now, I am going to rest.

- J.

1 comment: