Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hurry Hurry Hurry!

I had my pre-op consultation with Dr. Spiro tonight and it went just as I expected.  His nurse gave me ALL THE MEDS!  More nausea medication before surgery, more antibiotics, more Percocet, and more Valium.  You can never have enough of them apparently.

The nurse then took pictures for staging purposes and then I met with Dr. Spiro.  He examined me and he is still saying the same thing - be as careful as I can possibly be.  The red marks are still there (as you all know) and he is aware that my skin is not reacting well to the expanders.  But, as long as I am careful and I don't overdo anything, I will make it to surgery just fine.

My second surgery is scheduled for Thursday June 7th, first thing in the morning.  He explained the procedure to me and if I understand him correctly, he will make a new incision above the scar I have now.  This one will be smaller.  He will remove the tissue expanders and place the silicone gel implants in via a funnel of sorts.  My old scar will basically be removed and I will have a new baby scar.  This is all quite intriguing and confusing.  He told me I could check out the procedure on YouTube, but I think I'll just let him do his thing.  I don't really need to know what's going on whilst I am away in anesthesia land.

This time, instead of being scared and nervous for surgery, I am SO looking forward to this one and it can't arrive soon enough!  I can't wait to get these expanders removed and get those implants in.  I can't wait until my skin heals and looks normal again.  I can't wait until I can run and exercise again.  I can't wait until I am back to normal. Whatever normal is from now on...

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment