Monday, July 16, 2012

Bra Connoisseur

I have always been that student who has to have an "a-ha" moment to completely understand what the heck is going on in class. These moments mostly happened in math and science classes. (Alas, I never had those "a-ha" moments in my language classes or coding classes... but that's a whole different story).

I finally had my bra "a-ha" moment and I have finally found THE bra that fits me the best and makes me the most comfortable. It's been difficult to find said bra. I am still not comfortable with my implants, but I know I will in time. I can definitely tell they are getting softer so this pleases me. I am no longer scared to properly place the implants in the bra and to try to form cleavage, but the cleavage isn't happening yet. I wonder when that will happen?

Anyway, the bra I bought from My Intimacy is great, but only in small doses. The underwire is a bit uncomfortable and I noticed that it was making a bruise on the side of my right breast. It was pinching and digging in to the skin a bit too much. Now, I know Dr. Spiro said I could start wearing underwire bras, but I don't think my body is there quite yet. They just don't feel right and are certainly not comfortable enough.


The winning bra for me is... (drumroll please)... Wireless Bra - Body by Victoria's Secret! It's so comfy and it makes no indentations in my skin. The shape of the underwire is there, it's nice and sturdy, but the actual hard, uncomfortable underwire is not there. I feel supported and not in pain. I think that constitutes a winner!




Now, I know this bra won't work for everyone out there. I've done so much research on bras for reconstruction patients and EVERYONE has a different suggestion. It's really whatever works for you and what makes you feel the most comfortable, but I wanted to put my two cents out there as well. These bras are a great investment. I bought two!

C.D. pointed out that while I was in Victoria's Secret I went around to each bra and felt them, as if doing a bra "wine tasting." I knew what I wanted and I just had to feel my way to it. It's taken awhile, but this bra is definitely the right fit for me.

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment