Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My New Normal

My new normal consists of taking pictures of my foobs (fake + boobs = foobs) when I am concerned something is wrong and I have no one around to show. Kevin is the lucky recipient of said foob pictures. No, I don't send the pictures to his email, I just wait until he comes home to ask his opinion. Lucky him!

Last night's impromptu photo shoot came about after a pretty intense exercise session on my spin bike. I removed my sports bra and there were these huge irregularly shaped red rashes on my skin around my scars. Sometimes I get little red marks after running or sleeping, but nothing this big and never on both!

I quickly grabbed my cell phone and snapped a bunch of pictures. My foobs were loving life, they always knew modeling was in their near future. They are so vain! Once I felt satisfied that I captured the rashes perfectly I jumped in the shower. By the time I finished showering the red marks were long gone. But I was still somewhat concerned.

Kevin and I decided that my skin was just really flushed from exercising. My face gets pretty red after a run in the heat so why wouldn't my foobs? It's just weird because my real breasts never did that. My skin protecting my foobs has changed rather dramatically since my double mastectomy. It looks a little shiny, feels strangely smooth / slippery, while at the same time it has little bumps on the underside. I don't get it! It's the same skin from before! But I guess if you've been traumatized like my poor chest has, you come out of it a little different.

- J.

2 comments:

  1. Always good to have a sounding board, eh? I do the same sort of thing my husband - getting his opinions for all oddities and possible lumps. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know how confident you are until being confident is the only choice you have. You never know how strong of a fighter you are until fighting is the only yhing you have to do. It's time we started looking at women without breasts as heroes, not as wounded. The movement about life without breast "THE SCAR PROJECT has already kicked off and breast cancer heroes are coming up more strong to even take pictures. Thank you all and may we fight on

    ReplyDelete